medium strength and impact,

this slow-burning tobacco delivers

a rich, satisfying flavor ideal for

any smoking occasion.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I would hope these are considered pre 2007 blends that will not be affected by the FDA regulations coming into effect soon

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
According to the latest "clarification" of the FDA deeming regulations, these would be considered "new" blends....BUT man these sound incredible

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I didn't come up with those blends on a Google search
They were just released at the IPCPR they ship October 11th hopefully.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I believe Lane ltd. does the Dunhill blends now, these are the companies that aren't going to be affected really. They're like the Phillip Morris of the pipe tobacco world

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
They were just released at the IPCPR they ship October 11th hopefully.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's laughable. And I am a federal regulatory attorney. Unless that blend was being marketed in February of 2007, not just before that time, or after that time, then it will not be going on sale in the U.S. in October.

May 4, 2015
I believe Lane ltd. does the Dunhill blends now, these are the companies that aren't going to be affected really
Scandinavian Tobacco Group, more precisely. They are big.. very big. Big enough to sustain every blend they currently have on offer? Hope so, but doubt it.
And, respectfully, there is no such thing as the Phillip Morris of the pipe tobacco world. Those are two different universes of revenue.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
It doesn't matter how big you are. After August 7, no one can bring a new product to market prior to submitting for and gaining approval.

May 4, 2015
It doesn't matter how big you are. After August 7, no one can bring a new product to market prior to submitting for and gaining approval.
Yup. And no one knows what the SE app cost is going to be, nor the turnaround time on it. I'm not holding my breath for anything.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I would hope these are considered pre 2007 blends that will not be affected by the FDA regulations coming into effect soon.
They would have to be in continuous production and available before, ON, and after February 15 2007. A blend existing before the Predicate date that wasn't in production doesn't qualify. Sounds to me like STG missed the target since these won't be on the shelves by 8/7.
Oh well...

stoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
I haven't read the regs. But what is the difference between the 8/8/ 2016 date and 8/8/2018 date? If it's a post 2/15/07 blend and they're out by 8/8/16 they can continue to sell until 8/8/2018?

stoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
I haven't read the regs. But what is the difference between the 8/8/ 2016 date and 8/8/2018 date? If it's a post 2/15/07 blend and they're out by 8/8/16 they can continue to sell until 8/8/2018?

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I haven't read the regs. But what is the difference between the 8/8/ 2016 date and 8/8/2018 date? If it's a post 2/15/07 and they're out by 8/8/16 they can continue to sell until 8/8/2018?

If the product is on the market before the deadline, it can stay on the market for up to two years while waiting for approval - which it must submit a request for.
If it's not on the market by the deadline, it cannot be marketed until AFTER it has applied for and received approval. Which won't be quick or cheap.

May 4, 2015
I don't think that's ENTIRELY accurate. I don't think. My understanding is:
It can stay on the market for two years regardless of application status if it's on the market at the deadline.
It can stay up to an additional year after that if it's submitted an application and is waiting for approval.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I haven't read the regs. But what is the difference between the 8/8/ 2016 date and 8/8/2018 date? If it's a post 2/15/07 and they're out by 8/8/16 they can continue to sell until 8/8/2018?
That's our understanding based on our lawyers' advice.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.