PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I have been digging shorter pipes lately and a few months back I commissioned Ray Kurusu to make a nosewarmer billiard for me. This one comes in at a little over 4.5 inches which is how I like my smaller pipes. I think Ray did a fantastic job with this one and, as always, his stem work is a joy to behold. The briar is Mimmo Italy 1st grade and the accents are boxwood and the stem is SEM german cumberland. Ray also included a brass tamper that he made for me, which I really appreciated.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Holy shit! That's a wonderful little pipe Peck. I'm with Bradley, there is some real craftsmanship in that stem to shank transition.
-- Pat

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Welcome back Peck!
That's a beautiful pipe ... just love the stem and accents!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Peck is back with a vengeance! What a pipe that is. I have always liked Kurusu's asymmetrical stummel ends like that but I believe this is the finest pipe I have seen from him. Welcome back and congratulations.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I personally don't smoke smaller pipes too often, but that is gorgeous. I love what he did with the stem and accents. Has a very other worldly feel to it.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Wow. I might be in love with that pipe. I've been looking into trying a nosewarmer. Someday soon, I hope. Enjoy it!

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
Couple of guys I smoke with here in Okayama are friends with Ray. Unfortunately, we've never met but after seeing this pipe I really need to change that! That stem work is a work of art.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love nosewarmers and have a bunch, so naturally I shop for them and seen plenty. And I gotta say that's one of the nicest I've seen.

Jul 15, 2011
As if we needed YET ANOTHER f&#!% reason to raid Peck's house...
8O
Dude, seriously, that is brilliant and beautiful, excellent mix of functional and practical yet just whimsical enough to be unique. Excellent choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.