Tags:  No tags yet. 

Rattray's Summer Edition 2019

(5 posts)
  • Started 3 weeks ago by sigbullet
  • Latest reply from sigbullet
  1. sigbullet

sigbullet

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know when the Summer Editions normally drop in the US? This will be the first time I am trying to acquire it and I don't want to miss the boat on this one. I am currently in Europe and a week away from being in Germany where I plan on scouring the earth and pipe shops there for some, but just in case I am trying to see if anyone knows when we usually have it come up for sale state side? I know that it's for sale in Germany.

Two engine power control levers to fly, CDU’s/PDU’s- normal indications, Avionics-set, Crew, passengers, mission equipment.
    Posted 3 weeks ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You'd think Rattray would have marketed this in a run-up. I think the small business aspect of pipes and pipe tobacco sometimes gives the marketing aspect we've all come to expect the short shrift. I've noticed I used a lot of guess work and past experience to try to anticipate anything related to holiday or seasonal blends or holiday pipes. Often, you're on your own. Keep us posted in your noble quest. I think you have to do real detective work to discovery special edition pipes coming from Dr. Grabow; apparently they are sold before they're made, so they don't promote them.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  3. seldom

seldom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Where in Germany? I'm living here. Summer edition 2019 is currently available, although I've not tried it. You may also like Rattray's "Blossom Temptation" which I've never seen in the USA. I find that one to be a pleasant spring time indulgence.

Seldom Seen
    Posted 3 weeks ago #
  4. sigbullet

sigbullet

Login to Send PM

I will be flying into Weisbaden and then heading to Rodenburg to stay, but working in Illesheim each day. Sort of thought about day tripping to Nuremburg for a day, but not sure I am committed to the four hours of total driving for a day visit.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  5. sigbullet

sigbullet

Login to Send PM

I will definitely look for the "Blossom Temptation" while I am knocking around also! Would you mind giving an assessment of it?

Posted 3 weeks ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, ericusrex, pipejon, grilledokra, haparnold, donjgiles