PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigbullet

Lurker
Apr 14, 2019
Tennessee
Does anyone know when the Summer Editions normally drop in the US? This will be the first time I am trying to acquire it and I don't want to miss the boat on this one. I am currently in Europe and a week away from being in Germany where I plan on scouring the earth and pipe shops there for some, but just in case I am trying to see if anyone knows when we usually have it come up for sale state side? I know that it's for sale in Germany.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You'd think Rattray would have marketed this in a run-up. I think the small business aspect of pipes and pipe tobacco sometimes gives the marketing aspect we've all come to expect the short shrift. I've noticed I used a lot of guess work and past experience to try to anticipate anything related to holiday or seasonal blends or holiday pipes. Often, you're on your own. Keep us posted in your noble quest. I think you have to do real detective work to discovery special edition pipes coming from Dr. Grabow; apparently they are sold before they're made, so they don't promote them.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Where in Germany? I'm living here. Summer edition 2019 is currently available, although I've not tried it. You may also like Rattray's "Blossom Temptation" which I've never seen in the USA. I find that one to be a pleasant spring time indulgence.

sigbullet

Lurker
Apr 14, 2019
Tennessee
I will be flying into Weisbaden and then heading to Rodenburg to stay, but working in Illesheim each day. Sort of thought about day tripping to Nuremburg for a day, but not sure I am committed to the four hours of total driving for a day visit.

sigbullet

Lurker
Apr 14, 2019
Tennessee
I will definitely look for the "Blossom Temptation" while I am knocking around also! Would you mind giving an assessment of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.