PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
I am thinking about buying one or both of these two beauties - a Bent rustic Rhodesian and a fun looking poker. Does anyone have any thoughts on Rattray's pipes before I dive in?
big-6-rattrays-old-gowrie-pipe-600x243.jpg

big-21-six-friends-rattrays-pipe-600x243.jpg

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I have three Rattray pipes and really like them. I have the billiard in the six friends series which is the poker you are considering. I would happily consider more of them but the prices have risen lately.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I think they're pricey for the quality. If you buy estate or if they're on sale (or you just plain love them no matter what the price ) then you'll do fine.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Those prices are pretty good. Rattray's are a much better deal in Europe than North America. Go ahead and get both you won't be sorry!
I like the look of the Dune and Kelpy series and would not mind adding one of each to my collections.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I really like the look of all of their pipes. The "Craggy Root" series is a favorite.
They can be a bit pricey and I do wish that they used vulcanite, but I would not be surprised if I ended up owning a few.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I have a Rattray Kelpy bent brandy that I really like. It's a great looking pipe and it smokes real nice as well. That Rhodesian is a pretty little pipe. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.