PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandlerjr

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
I am on the mailing list of Pipesandcigars.com out of Albany, NY. The latest mailing has Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream back on their shelves. Jason let me sample this and it is really a nice smoke but I couldn't find it. Ordered it today. Really a mild Virginia, aromatic that is easy on the tongue and taste buds.

Larry C.

Jul 15, 2011
I have actually heard mixed reviews about this blend. A lot of people talk favorably about it, while some say it has a weird chemical taste to it. I have never had a chance to try it, but maybe itll make its way onto my TAD list sometime in the near future. Does anyone know if Rattrays makes a 50 gram can of this stuff or is it only available in the 100 gram?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
As far as I know it is only available in 100g tins in the USA. This is my "go to" blend every day. I sent a sample to Jason, lordnoble, and he liked it as well. While I mostly smoke latakia blends this one is a keeper in my book. High quality tobacco, interesting cut, and a room note that is very pleasant.

I don't think anyone could go wrong with Bagpiper's Dream. I always have 3 or 4 tins on hand.

Pipe Novelist, send me a PM with your address and I'll gladly send you a sample so you can judge for yourself.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
So they are putting it back on the store front...my dad used to smoke that, love the smell. I was a kid and never did get to sample any since i live in the south any way i could try a pinch before i make a purchase?

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I like every other blend I've tried from Rattray's,. I'll have to give it a try.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
As Larry & papipeguy have stated, I LOVE this blend. It's soooo good. Yeah, it's got a strong cognac smell in the tin note but it is really dropped down to give a nice mellow flavor to the smoke. My #2 favorite blend for sure. Hmmmm. I think I could go for a bowl right now.
-Jason

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I really want to try some before I drop for 100 grams of it. But then again I could get rid of it to one of you guys that like it if I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.