PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just took advantage of SPC's half price Rattray's pipe sale. I got this Marlin bent dublin that bears a strong resemblance to a zulu, a tin of Bagpiper's Dream from suggestions of a few forum members, and a tin of Marlin Flake. My first foray into Rattray's territory, but all looks very promising.
002-599-0674.jpg

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
I had my eye on that very pipe! Thank you for saving me from yet another order :)
Hope she smokes well for you. I love Marlin Flake.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Duane, enjoy your new pipe, very similar too a Zulu. I highly recommended Bagpipers Dream, when you open the tin and try some let me know what you think. Enjoy the day!!
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Bought it based on yours and Anthony's suggestion. All three of us love Black Frigate, so anyone with refined taste like that should love Bagpipers's Dream! :wink:

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Captain Black Mustache: if you like Marlin Flake, then consider trying Old Gowrie in your next order. You might also complete the Rattray Triumvirate with Hal O' The Wynd

I have yet to try Bagpiper's Dream as I don't smoke many blends with Black Cavendish.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Nice pipe capt. Always thought Rattray pipes were a little pricey but at half price sure why not. Marlin flake is a nice smoke, quiet sweet,have yet to try bagpipers dream. Big plus one on HOTW I love it. Also Stearling Flake is a must try....nudge. ....nudge.... :puffpipe:

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Hal O the Wynd is a very tasty blend. Ive yet to try Old Gowrie and Marlin Flake.

Jan 8, 2013
I missed this thread yesterday. Good to hear you're trying Bagpiper's Dream. And I absolutely love the look of that pipe! I've been meaning to try a Rattray's pipe, so let me know how she smokes. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Bagpiper's Dream. ...I keep stopping what I'm typing to scroll up and look at that pipe again. I may have to purchase one similar. Beautiful shape. Enjoy the heck out of it :)

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Still haven't decided if this is going to be a Marlin Flake pipe, or one for Bagpiper's Dream, but can't wait to try both!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Well done across the board. Bagpiper's Dream has been in my rotation for over 10 years. It is one of the very few aromatics I smoke and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm anxious to hear your opinion re the pipe. I have a Highland straight apple but I don't use the 9mm filter. Since it has no adapter it is a very open draw and I notice a couple of dark spots from smoking the pipe without the filter. I believe Chacom makes Rattray pipes.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Pipe-wise, I have two Rattray's:

rattrays_highland_06-bent-bulldog-600x309.jpg

and

rattrays-lowlands-prince.jpeg

Excellent smokers! 9mm's - I'm a filter guy. And my son has a couple 9mm Rattray's pipes as well and is VERY happy with them!!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I almost grabbed one of those authors, but just couldn't take my eyes off of that Dublin/zulu.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Yep!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/bagpipers-dream-and-a-rattrays-dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.