Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I recently killed a medium-sized rattlesnake at work. I'm in the process of tanning the skin so I can make something. I'm thinking something pipe related. Any ideas?

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
It's a little over four inches in width. I would have loved to do that with the rattles, unfortunately I did not secure it well last night and the mice got to the rattle.

Jan 8, 2013
Ooooh I know! It's not pipe related (well sorta is), but you could roll it up real tight over a dowel rod, remove the rod, poke holes in it and you have a..er... a skin flute :mrgreen:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
In all seriousness, a deep tobacco pouch would be awesome. Using the widest for the bottom and tapering toward the neck. Air and waterproof to the best of your ability would be of utmost importance. I'm guessing it was just about 3 feet? You could still make a pipe pouch or two with the remainder. I love Papua New Guinea. It is so beautiful. I'm going to visit there a good while before I die. Cheers!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
If you could now kill a deer you could make a nice buckskin pipe pouch with rattlesnake accents and a tobacco pouch to match that!!

Beauty!! :puffy:

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
I agree that the rattle would have made a great tamper, but the mice had it away.

How about a bandolero, so you can carry your pipes with you?
Seriously though, a tobacco pouch or pipe cleaner holder both sound good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.