PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/11/new-york-state-park-smoking-ban/2967991/
Well, not all things are doom and gloom. Maybe now we pipsters can see some progress vs. the Antis/Nazis.
hp

les

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Great news lets hope its the beginning of more change and better rights for smokers. Of course I can't figure out how we let it get to this point!

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Of course I can't figure out how we let it get to this point!
Pipe Smokers are too "Rational" to protest, and Cigarette smokers don't mind being told off and denigrated by health professionals and condescending chat show hosts who love to climb the largest Moral horse that they can get on without facing altitutde sickness.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
New York, New York -- a town so nice, they named it twice. That's an old straw, but applicable.

Dec 24, 2012
Les, that is good news if its true. There was another thread on this a couple days ago and someone suggested that this judicial reversal would not impact New York city park bans on smoking but would only impact state park bans. Is this correct? I hope you are right as I am in New York quite frequently and have wanted to stroll through Central Park and have a smoke but have so far refrained from doing so.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Good news, I have no problem not smoking where kids are and beaches.. The problem is that when the snowball starts where does it stop.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
Les, that is good news if its true. There was another thread on this a couple days ago and someone suggested that this judicial reversal would not impact New York city park bans on smoking but would only impact state park bans. Is this correct? I hope you are right as I am in New York quite frequently and have wanted to stroll through Central Park and have a smoke but have so far refrained from doing so.
That was me. This New York Supreme Court ruling does not affect the laws of the City of New York, so smoking in Central Park will still get you a ticket and the angry stares of people who can't wait to be offended over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.