PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well Folks,
The wife is finally cracking down on my PAD spending. I have been eyeing a Randy Wiley pipe for some time now. I truly thought I'd end up with one of his Galleon shapes, but this super refonkulous absolutely absurd gigantor flame grain calabash monstrosity just kept calling to me. I denied it for a couple months, but went to check today to see if it was still there and it was, so I'm sending my pipe buying off in style with this new acquisition......It's a crazy ass shape, one that may make some carvers cringe (esp the top view), but it just kept calling to me, and I had to answer. I hope it feels as good in the hand as I expect it to, and smokes like a dream. We'll see!
Wiley 1
wiley-1.jpg

Wiley 2
wiley-2.jpg

Wiley 3
wiley-3.jpg

Wiley 4
wiley-4.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
one that may make some carvers cringe (esp the top view)
Well, now that you mention it, it DOES look a bit like a toilet seat from the top. A BEAUTIFUL birdseye toilet seat. :nana:
Nice pipe. Enjoy!
jay-roger.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nice pipe! I have one Wiley pipe I bought about ten years ago, still smokes great and it’s always in my rotation.
....And now I want a briar toilet seat!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Looks like it would be super comfortable to hold in the hand with the way the top of the bowl flares out. Good find!
Thats a big part of what drew me to it, that flared rim looks real comfy to hold.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, now that you mention it, it DOES look a bit like a toilet seat from the top.
Haha yep! An oddly shaped one at that! The Commodabash.
Maybe I’ll get a meerschaum Oom Paul with a windcap to put next to it so at least it won’t be the MOST toilety pipe I have.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm sending my pipe buying off in style with this new acquisition

Maybe I’ll get a meerschaum Oom Paul with a windcap to put next to it so at least it won’t be the MOST toilety pipe I have.

Your last pipe? Hah! You’re already dreaming about your next pipe, that’s how it goes. Now, let’s see how long before you actually buy another one.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If truth were known, that was an extraordinary piece of briar with sand pits. To pretty to throw away. So he worked with it and you have the result. I'd say he made a good call, enjoy that beautiful briar.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I can see why you bought that pipe...if I was first to get a look I would have gotten it too...tis a beautiful pipe, Sir...smoke it in good health for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.