PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Smoking and thinking a bit and have concluded that today was AOK. Woman and her mother remarked to me as I sat in the car at Wal Mart that my pipe tobacco smelled so good-1-Q and reminded me of their late husband and dad. Felt good.
Also was missing Fred Rogers and his sweaters. Far too many rude people out there to suit me. Also hard back books suit me to a T. Keep your Kindles and Nooks.
Go on. light up a pipeful and enjoy the weekend.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
I don't know what I'm going to listen to on my iPad now that I've listened to all Pipes Magazine Radio Show episodes.
If I keep this up I'm going to reach 100 posts tonight! :D

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Nothing beats the smell of a used books bookstore. See some cool chicks you're too shy to talk too as well. E-books just don't do it for me.

Jan 8, 2013
I like my Nook because I can carry a few thousand books with me everywhere I go, hell I have a few thousand in my phone. But in the end, its true, you cant beat a good old book.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
When I travel (admittedly not as often as I used to) I always made room for my pipes and at least one good book. I miss the "civility" of my youth, salespeople with knowledge of their stock, wait staff without nose rings and tattoos and in general, random acts of kindness.
Monday, yet another winter storm headed my way. Tired of winter. Bring on the spring and baseball.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I prefer paperbacks, myself. One book is usually all I need to carry. When I go on a trip, 3 is good. 2 and I usually end up having to find a book store to get a new book, but that's always fun.
When I go on vacation with my mother, I like using her Kindle in the airport to read free stuff I would probably never buy.
Another random thought....my wife was really annoyed with me yesterday, smoking my pipe out in the rain as we walked, sharing her umbrella.

Sep 22, 2012
I had the same sentiments as I was reading the last pages of The Waves by Virginia Woolf last night - on my cheap but handy Sony reader. Yes and I`m torn between the good old paper and its scent and the e-reader. Here is a nice part from the aforementioned book on pipe smoking.
And so back to London in the evening. How satisfactory, the atmosphere of common sense and tobacco; old women clambering into the third-class carriage with their baskets; the sucking at pipes; the good-nights and see you tomorrows of friends parting at wayside stations, and then the lights of London – not the flaring ecstasy of youth, no that tattered violet banner, but still the lights of London all the same; hard, electric lights, high up in offices; street lamps laced along dry pavements; flares roaring above street markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.