Ramón Allones Hermitage Edición Regionales Rusia (2017)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thanks to Kevin we now have a cigar forum. I will be taking advantage of it and will be posting some short reviews of the cigars I am trying. I hope that would be helpful for you guys in the future while choosing a cigar (Cuban/non-Cuban).
Starting from 2005 Habanos S.A. has been producing a special line of cigars - Regional Editions to be precise - named after the country it is intended to be sold in only. This time I found a Ramón Allones Hermitage - 2017 Regional Edition for Russia.
The puro had a nice construction, although there was at least one soft spot on each of the cigars I inspected. I used a cedar stick to light it up and had no problem with keeping it lit. It burned consistently and evenly.
From flavor point of view, there was no main role player. Now that is an interesting thing because it manages to grab your attention as you are trying to find the main flavor profile. Upon the light, the spicy taste hit my palate. While in most of the cigars that disappears after few puffs, in this one the flavor lingered until the end. Interestingly it kept my palate clean and unbored.
The essential and irreplaceable earthy flavor that can be found almost in every Cuban cigar was present in this one as well, but not in a robust way. Other than that I grabbed some woodsy and somewhat toasty flavor. And let's not forget the real tobacco taste. To my surprise it wasn't very heavy on the nicotine department.
Construction 4/5

Strength 3/5

Taste 4/5
MfsepCh.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice looking cigar, Javan. I like the RASS standard issue cigars quite a bit. My tastes definitely lean towards something a little more complex; but the Ramon Allones lines will do in a heartbeat.
— Pat

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Hmmm, I don't wish to be a negative Nigel but I hope cigar threads don't start filling up the recent list and push out the pipe related threads.
Just a thought.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Ramon Allones are outstanding cigars if you don't mind their one dimensional nature. I don't if they still are but at one time they were the best strong cigar you could buy.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I find RA cigars to be a bit of a one trick pony, and they certainly don’t pack the intensity of flavour of non Cuban cigars. That said, I think they do deliver their one dimension really, really, well. Sweet, creamy, and simple.
— Pat

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Nice looking cigar, Javan. I like the RASS standard issue cigars quite a bit. My tastes definitely lean towards something a little more complex; but the Ramon Allones lines will do in a heartbeat.
Agree Pat. Personally I always look for something more complex to challenge my palate, I was about to choose a 2009 cigar (can't remember the name right now, probably H. Upmann or Partagas), changed my mind when I saw this one.
That said, I think they do deliver their one dimension really, really, well. Sweet, creamy, and simple.
That's what my review lacks - creamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.