Cornell & Diehl's Rajah's Court---- Any Fans??

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
This is a tobacco you don't hear much about.

I recently opened a tin from 2012. I'm really enjoying it. I get a good measure of Orientals all the way through, with some VA adding body and fullness. This one isn't really heavy, but it is full of flavor. I like it, and will buy a few for the cellar. I find myself leaning more to these Oriental forward blends......... :puffy:

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I purchased a tin last year that is still resting in the cellar. I bought it to round out an order for the free shipping a while back. Glad you enjoyed it! I look forward to cracking mine soon.

P

pipebuddy

I have never tried it. And I'm more and more fond of VA & OR blends. They make for a great smoke!

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
I'm still near the start of my piping journey and working on trying to identify the signature flavours of each tobacco type. Orientals elude me completely! Would this be a good blend to get to grips with core oriental flavours?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Raja's Court was one of the first C&D blends I smoked. Based on that experience I have smoked about 30 of their blends to date, many of them still in my weekly rotation.

I'm a big fan of C&D and raja's Court is a fine introduction to Oriental style blends.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
A nice, big Oriental blend. Supposed to be a recreation of pre-Murrays Durbar, I believe. The Orientals are a little sharper than current production Durbar. Good stuff, I have a few tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds good, next time I'm looking for something new. I enjoy many C&D blends.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I hate say this because I'm such a C&D slut, and I hate to sidebar the thread, but a great oriental forward blend is Gawith's - Skiff Mixture. I cracked a tin of that and powered through it. A very good blend in my opinion. I haven't had Raj's Court but will pick up a tin soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.