PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
JimInks just posted the following on the What Are You Smoking? thread: "Part way through this bowl of 2014 Peretti No. 8 Slice in a 1979 brown grain etched Lane Era Charatan's Make medium bend calabash shape 483DC with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This smoke will be interrupted soon because I smell oatmeal raisin cookies baking in the kitchen."
The volatile question prompted by this post is how do you prefer your oatmeal cookies: with or without raisins? Personally, I find the addition of raisins to be anathema. As for recipes, I believe that the best one is sometimes printed on the Quaker Oats box (sans raisins, of course). Bake until chewy, but not crunchy, and there's a small bite of heaven!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Wow! I never knew Hunter was mentally unbalanced! :crazy: Hates raisins?? :?: The man should be hung from the highest yard arm! :twisted: Who's got the rope? :rofl:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
One of the most reliable sources of fruit fiber, raisins are part of my regular intake. I throw a handful into my oatmeal if I don't have blueberries, and I eat them along with mixed nuts.

When I make oatmeal cookies, which isn't all that often, I make em with raisins.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
If there are oatmeal cookies in the house I will eat them, with or without. I prefer to bake them with raisins but since some of my kids don’t like raisins I always make sure to add them(more for me).

Chocolate chips are always welcome too!!!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Wow! I never knew Hunter was mentally unbalanced! Hates raisins??"
I said, and I quote, "Don't get me wrong, I like uncooked raisins. but put them in oatmeal cookies and I feel as though the tray was hopped over by a herd of incontinent rabbits!"
As for "...mentally unbalanced...," well, there are days... :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hhhhmmmm.... wonder if it's too late to ask Russ Ouellette to whip up an oatmeal raisin tobacco blend for Hunter? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.