PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Everyone knows that it rains in Washington, that's why the west side of the state is so beautiful and green. Since February to current date, we have received a record breaking 19.29" of the wet stuff, with more to come.
On one of the few sunny days we've had, my wife and I had to go out and wash the moss off the side of the house (no joke).

Normally I'd gripe about the grey and rain, but after the winter snow and spring storms most of you experienced, I'll shut up and be happy that we're having more rain and thunderstorms today.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
I am on course to be moving out that way around December, Fort Lewis area to be specific.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Welcome Elliott, both to the forum and Washington.
Not sure where you're from, but our state is beautiful, with the mountains, Pacific ocean, and desert. All about 1 1/2 hours away from the Ft Lewis area. We also tax tobacco at 95% so if possible, stock up and bring your own!

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Originally from Hollister, California, spent a few years in Texas, Currently stationed at Ft. Carson, Colorado (but unfortunately deployed overseas again) I have had the opportunity to experience the rockies for the last couple years and now I have the pleasure of moving back to the west coast. Pretty excited minus the fact that I wont be able to have tobacco shipped there from what I have read on here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Man live in Pittsburgh! The spring is one day 70, next day snow followed by three days of 40 degree weather. Then it snows again and kills the plants all the fools think they'll sneak in early. I don't plant early and too many planters so I keep pre-cut freeze guards to stick in. It's snowed in the middle of May here. Goes on from March through May. By the time summer comes it's now 98+ degrees and so humid you have trouble breathing and the news requests all seniors without air-conditioning to stay at the mall during the day. That's when I float in the pool with a bowl... :puffy:
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.