Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Looking over the absolute wrecks of pipe remains for sale on ebay this afternoon, I ran across this listing for a "duh hill" pipe. I'm thinking as long as you are going to enhance your listing with a bit obscurity and perhaps....misinformation I would have including the back story that this pipe was recently found at the location of the Trinity atom bomb test site and once belonged to J. Robert Oppenheimer. Buyer assumes risk of any residual radiation poisoning.
DjhTS0w.jpg

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
I'd pass----

DU HHILL SHELL BRIAR was an obsure seconds line, made in the Dunhill store by intoxicated employees, perhaps in the 60s.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'd ask for a picture of the seller. No hair, no bid. I'd also ask for some provenance about the Oppenheimer connection. I would think that if there is any truth to the story that the residual radiation would be in the metal (silver?) piece.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it. The government considers tobacco to be much more dangerous than radiation poisoning, and they know best.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Looks perfect for that bowl spicy bowl of Half and Half-Life.
:lol:
(*Crickets ... *)
:eek:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thats not Robert Oppenheimers pipe as it doesn't glow in the dark. That pipe was picked up behind the grassy knoll of Dealey Plaza and belongs to one L. H. Oswald as you can clearly see him smoking it in this famous Time Magazine photograph....... :rofl:

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Looks like the stem is coated with either uranium glass, or better still, trinitite!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Anything with a historical claim should come with letters of authenticity which should then be verified with known authorities. Anyone can drag out some old pipe and say it was George Patton's, or someone's. So what? You ought to hear the list of remarkable historical figures who owned MY pipes. Katherine the Great, Marlin Brando, Iggy Pop ... sorry, I lost the letters of authenticity, but I assure you this is true. Ahem.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Currently smoking Churchill's favorite pipe i might consider adding this to my collection aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.