Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Tonight on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show, instead of a featured interview, the show will be co-hosted by pipe collector, smoker, and prominent social media piper, Thom Provost, a.k.a. TheeDiabeticMan. Brian and Thom will discuss Brick & Mortar Tobacconists and ways to support and help them.
thom.jpg

darthpipe

Lurker
Dec 9, 2017
Chapin, SC
Great show as usual fellas. First, thanks again Brian for recommending Boda Pipes and Cigars to me. As I mentioned before there are now dedicated pipe shops near me and I have to travel 2 hours to Charlotte, and hour and a half to Greenville or 3 hours to Myrtle Beach to get to one. The cigar shops near me are pipe friendly but not pipe enthusiasts and therefor suffer in products, which makes me travel to the aforementioned locations to get the pipe shop experience. Thom mentioned that you don’t get the experience of the people when you order online.

When I went to Boda I went there by myself, armed with my Nording and some Magnum Opus with the intent on buying some tobaccos and hanging out for a few. When I got there, I was greeted by a group of regulars and an employee. After about 30 minutes a conversation was struck up amongst a gentleman and I. This lasted for about 90 minutes. Found out he owns property in the area I live in and we spoke on everything from the Revilutionary War to old Korean propaganda movies. We were joined by Andrew, the manager, when he wasn’t busy, and the conversations continued. Needless to say the experience I had at Boda was second to none because of the folks that were just hanging out.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Great Show! I'd just like to add that along with the usual b&m stores to look in for deals, some liquor stores also carry pipe tobacco. And you can get good deals. I recently found one where I was able to get several 6-8 year old tins of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I simply love this show. I always tell myself in the morning "I'll just listen to two today" but end up listening to about ten of them. Two hour trip to work and close to three and a half hour trip home you need something with meaning to listen to and this one fits the bill on every level. If only we could get more than one episode a week but I guess it would loose its nostalgia if done more. Is it Tuesday yet. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.