Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm super excited about The Pipes Magazine Radio Show debut tomorrow, but I also had a little panic.
PM now has 5,000 registered members. When I did the mailing on Monday with the teaser about the show, we got a 10% response rate. 500 people clicked through and read the post.
Even though we have a really good server, my hosting company told me we might have issues with streaming the audio to 500 listeners at once.
Since I'm friends with the owner of the hosting company, he is temporarily giving me a CDN account (Content Delivery Network). It's really badass and what the big companies use. He said we can test it out for free for a couple of weeks and then we will make a determination if we really need it and if it's worth paying for.
A content delivery network (CDN) is a large distributed system of servers deployed in multiple data centers in the Internet. The goal of a CDN is to serve content to end-users with high availability and high performance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I know I will be listening!!!
P.S. If it all goes well Kevin reward yourself with a new pair of spiffy shoes to add to the collection!!!

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Awesome, I hope it's so successful you have to upgrade your system even further. Is the episode currently on iTunes the one that will be airing Thursday night?

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Unfortunately I have work when the live stream airs, but would love for it to show up on Itunes as I drive a lot and it would be great to listen to in the car!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I won't be able to listen live, but I'm for sure downloading it! It will be perfect for listening in the office on Friday!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'll be cleaning my house and cranking this up on the speakers while I do it. lol I can't wait.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I will be downloading for listening the following day on my drive to work. how would one go about doing this? im not very familiar with podcasts even tho i do own 3 different apple products lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.