PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I missed the live show tonight, anyone know what time the podcast gets uploaded?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
By far the best podcast on iTunes. I love the show so much I find myself listening to it live in Thursday and then usually downloading it on iTunes and relisening to it with a morning pipe on Saturday or Sunday lol. My name is lordofthepiperings and I'm a Pipes Magazine Radio Show addict. Wow, I feel much better now lol.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I download the podcasts. If you had told me it had been on the air for years, I'd have believed you. For a new show it has a great rhythm to it, and the interviews have been wonderful.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the radio show. It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun too.
I can't totally control how fast it becomes available in iTunes. The MP3 file doesn't actually get uploaded to them. It resides on the PipesMagazine.com server. We submit an XML file to iTunes with metadata on the MP3 file that is the recording of the show.
The XML file gets updated immediately after the show ends. We then have to wait our turn for iTunes to "drive by" and see that the file is updated so they then update our page on their service with the new podcast.
After the first show, they picked it up in 1 hour. The last show didn't get updated into iTunes for about 5-hours, but as I said, that is out of our control.
The good thing is that most people will have it available for their Friday morning commute, which was always my intention.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I really enjoy the radio show. It is well executed and very informative and entertaining. I was expecting something like you would hear on NPR, but it was much better. I marathoned the first 3 episodes fri night.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@shawn622

I was expecting something like you would hear on NPR, but it was much better.
LOL because I had a meeting about the concept of the show with Brian and Greg Pease while we were attending the Kansas City Pipe Show in June. Greg and Brian both wanted something like NPR.
I disagreed. :nana:

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Haha, I even managed to download them to my iPhone so I can listen to them while shopping with the Mrs. this afternoon when she spends hrs in the shoe stores!!! I'm no good with these computers, phones, and other gadgets, so this is a milestone for me doing this with no help from the grandson!!

hurkman

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
It is wonderful to listen to a radio show about something you actually want to hear about. I dont care about what celebrities are dating who and who is going into rehab. just sit down light a pipe and listen to the great program. I just started listening to is and I download it onto my iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.