PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
is there a reason one doesn't see them discussed much?

002-030-1760.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
I really love their designs and have been eye'in them for some time

now myself....

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/radice/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=115582

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
:D Funny, I love those stems. The button(s) on every one of my Italian pipes seems soooooo comfortable.

Radice Underwood hawkbill (this is one of my best performers -- a joy to smoke)

RadiceUnderwood2.jpg

Radice Rind hawkbill (this one smokes about average -- like a Peterson, but more expensive :) )

DSCN0564.jpg

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Radice make great pipes - standard mid-grade Italian features: lucite stem, good clean briar, good airflow.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I just purchased my 1st one and so far, I can't believe how beautiful it is, thought I havent smoked her yet. From the pics I've seen on this forum, I had to get one and I am glad I did.

backyardbriar

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
I love Radice designs, particularly the faux bamboo stems. I just can't afford high grade pipes yet and the only one I have gotten to smoke was an estate that had a little bit of burnout. The bottom exterior of the bowl got to hot for me for that reason and so I let it go. But that does not say anything to the credit of his craftmanship, that is just nature. I love their history. Read up on Caminetto and the split with Ascorti, who, along with Radice, also came from the Castello factory.

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
The reason they dont get talked about is that most owners are too busy smoking them to talk about them

Reactions: Papamique

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I've got several and thoroughly enjoy them! I'm especially in love with the Underwood finish (which echoes Ascorti's New Dear). (See my avatar...)
Bob

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
They are just plain awful to look at and lousy smokers, send it to me and I will give it a proper cremation and cast its ashes to the east. ;)

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I almost bought that volcano. I really love the 3 Radice's I own (all three silk-cut finish: apple, chubby billiard, and a less common dublin/zulu shape).
I really like their rind rustication finish too, though I do not have one, yet.
They are great pipes and a very good price.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I believe Radice is one of the best values in pipes out on the market today. It has been a while since I smoked one, but I do remember thinking they smoked as well as the Castello's in my collection in terms of dry cool smoking properties that also had a nice wide open airway. They are also a great value on the estate market in many instances. If anyone is looking to step up from their Petersons, Stanwell's and lower end Savinelli's, I highly recommend going with Radice.
Another great value on the estate market are the older Caminetto's that were made by Radice and Ascorti, they are incredible smokers and the prices are again very reasonable. I own two from the 70's and they smoke as good if not better than any Ferndown, Ashton, Dunhill and Upshall in my collection. They smoke incredibly cool and dry and if they were made with vulcanite stems, I would own many more of them.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My lone Radice smokes as well as my two Castello's, a very similar experience. I'd still love to won a SJ, as I love their stem adornments, so good to hear that papipeguy.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'd love to buy a Radice. However I can buy 2 Sav's for the price and my wife will get pissed at me if I spent the money on one. They aren't overly priced in my opinion though.
I love this one:
002-030-1795.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't own a Redice, but people on the Forums say only good things about them. Smokingpipes.com

thinks so well of them they mention in the text on another line of pipes (Luciano) that members of

the Redice family also work on the Luciano pipes, so this is a sort of subtle testimonial, indirectly,

on SPC's high opinion of Redice. It is a handsome line, for sure.

Jul 12, 2011
Damn, all this talk about Radice has got the PAD beast rage'in

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDEEKGUq-9Y
Btw; that carved billiard is sweeeeeeet, and only $200 for the amount

of work and engineering in that one, a very good deal/investment IMHO

Jul 12, 2011
Yep, all this wonderful talk of Radice pipes has yet

again put the PAD beast in control ;-)
This one is even nicer in-hand ;-) the Rind finish is just amazing...

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/radice/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=115582
Now to figure out what type of blends or dedicated blend to smoke in her...

hmmm, my tastes range from English, Balkans, VaPers, VaBurs & Vs...

I was thinking perhaps dedicating this lil lady to Dunhill Flake perhaps

Dec 24, 2012
I have a couple Radice pipes and they are awesome. I would definitely put them at the same level as SJ, in my opinion.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"However I can buy 2 Sav's for the price " True, but you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.