PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I've been reading a 2 year old thread about Zulus. There were many posts by those whose had recently acquired a Rad Davis Zulu or who had just ordered a Rad Davis Zulu. I was hoping that the owners of these Zulus could post some pictures and tell how they are doing after 2 years.
Rad Davis seems to follow the Dunhill/Chacom school of Zulu shape. I like the Peterson 268 but it seems a bit less "jaunty".

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I was hoping that the owners of these Zulus could post some pictures and tell how they are doing after 2 years."
I would like to see that as well. My birar collection is 100% Zulu. Just picked up a Peterson Zulu, very nice. My cobs are the Mark Twain Dublin Style, which is as close as I can get to a cob Zulu.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
20150401_102705.jpg

I've had this one for several months, not a couple of years. It's a good smoker, though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing high end, but I love my zulu shaped pipes. I have a Sav 404 I bought unfinished in about 1976, which has developed a glowing walnut finish. I have a smooth Chapuis-Comoy that looks (amusingly) like a Dunhill to me, and a Chacom sandblast, a small pipe, that is the master for Va/Per flake. Zulu are small enough for easy clenching, usually, and big enough for most blends, and attractive, just for their shape, as are few other pipes.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Edgreen that is a handsome pipe if I ever saw one
I feel extremely blessed to have been able to purchase it on the bay. There's no way I could have bought this new or commissioned.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
I have a Rossi Rubino Zulu, an excellent smoker. It had a clear coat on the finish, but if you remove it with acetone, it is quite the wonderful pipe! It sits nicely in the mouth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.