PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
This pipe is a redo as the original pipe #3 Long Shank Zulu didn't take the stain like the others in the set. It came out a bit lighter so opted to replace it with a more classic shape. This is Rad's last pipe of 2013 and I couldn't be more pleased.
HI Chris,
I finished my last pipe of 2013 today, and it happened to be your 1/4 bent blast billiard. Pics are attached. It came out with a fantastically fine ring grain blast! I hope you like it.
Dimensions are:
Overall: 2 x 5 1/2
Bowl: 13/16 x 1 3/4
Weight: 47 grams
The stem is cumberland with an inlay of spalted tamarind.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
I could swear that I have it's twin sister!
Fantastic pipe and it smokes great. No big surprise. Hope yours' smokes as well

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, that pipe came out brilliantly. The color is perfect, the blast is incredible and the stem application sets the pipe off perfectly. That is too cool you got his last pipe of the year. I also have that shape from Rad and it is a killer smoker. I smoke Wessex BCDF and Astleys 109 out of it exclusively and both blends sing in it. Give one of those a shot sometime. Congrats on another great addition to the collection buddy.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks or the comments guys. She left Foley AL today and l'm hoping to be smoking it by Saturday.
Harris, I'll christen her with a little BCDF when she arrives. I'll let ya know how it goes buddy.
Peck, you crack me up. I almost spit coffee out on my new tablet when I read that one. :lol:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
The bent billiard is a BCDF smoking machine. I couldn't be happier with this set's progression. My camera phone pic do not do these pipes justice. Regardless, well done Rad!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, that set is really coming along nicely, awesome stuff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the BCDF in it, I am sure you will also enjoy the Astleys 109 as they are very similar.
Yes peck, Chris's came out better than mine are you happy now that you hurt my feelings and I now have to go on anti depressants?

Status
Not open for further replies.