PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The title is code for "busted". I had saved some cash to take to the NYC Show this Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going with a thin wallet. I was at dinner with my parents this evening and happened to glance down at the email from Rad Davis. You guys know my affinity for chubby Rhodesians and I couldn't resist this one. In the past two years, when he posted this shape, I didn't have the cash or I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I particularly like the way he uses this color of stain(s)and the black, vulcanite stem.
FH02345MainF.jpg

FH02345Pic1F.jpg

FH02345Pic5F.jpg

FH02345Pic3F.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think it does have my Author DNA, that might be what I love about it. I'm anxious to hold it in my hand. This is my first real Rad. I bought an estate Tomato a few years ago and never really like the shape, so I sold it.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I knew a chubby Rhodesian once. Seriously. The man could drink six Tuskers in the time it took an ordinary man to drink one, and never seemed to show the impact.
Despite being chubby, I suspect he was one of the four or five deadliest men I've ever known -- speaking strictly in terms of body count -- and I have known some very deadly men.
This is in no way relevant to your EXCELLENT get of this nifty Rad Davis pipe. But it's what "chubby Rhodesian" evoked in me.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
It is worth to be "busted". I see a Magma melting down oneside.

The other side show Magma cooling down slowly and bottom looks like completed cool down like a moon-face.

Beautiful pipe has nice grain and birdeyes!!!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I must admit this isn't my favorite shape, but I just know that it is built to perfection.
Enjoy this great creation and best of luck with it.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Al on your new pipe. I always tend to open Rad's email when the available pipes are either sold or money is not available.
I hope you enjoy the pipes for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.