PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Sounds like a great evening, Peck.
I like the proportions on that Rhodesian. The saucer looks wider than a more English style Rhodesian, almost Eskimo in its lines. But with more height and arch. It looks short, what are the dimensions?
-- Pat

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
That's a little more "squat" than most lf his Rhodesians eh? I like it. You got yourself another masterpiece Mr. Peck.
What do you think you'll break her in with?

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks Pat. I wanted a smaller Rad. Shhh. Don't tell Harris but Rad is working on a Calabash for me. I told him that he could do whatever he wanted with the design, provided it looked better than Harris's Calabash.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I told him that he could do whatever he wanted with the design, provided it looked better than Harris's Calabash.
LOL
With that wide bowl, the chamber looks even narrower than 3/4". Looks like a tasty flake burner.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just opened the email for three new pipes...Three? I only see one....

That is a beauty, I love Rhadesians. The birdseye bowl top is fabulous and accented nicely by the beveled bowl edge, those are some sweet details!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
Is this your first Rad? I can guarantee that this will not be your last
Your Rhody is gorgeous.
Isn't it incredible that a pipe of that chunky - ness can be so light?
Congrats to you
By the way, my new incoming Rad is nicer then yours and Harris'. LOL

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The wood bands and the step-down stem, and the various textures are really brought together well.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck,I love that style of Rhodesian. I think it has more of saucer influence making it quite unique in comparison to his standard Rhody's. I have 2 of his standard Rhody's and love them both. I am definitely going to add a saucer rhody to my collection. The top is killer with all that birdseye and the stem application sets off the black color perfectly. Extremely well done,congrats on you new Rad.
Allan this makes 22 Rads in pecks collection, 4 more than what I own, so he is pretty familiar with Rad's work.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Awesome! I like the contrast between the top of the bowl, the rustication, and the stem accents. Speaking of, it almost looks as if it had a military mount at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.