PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Pipes and Tobacco Magazine contracted Rad to make them a bunch of pipes for their POY. If anyone is in the market for a Rad, the prices on these are very good and I think the classic shape is a killer. There are smooths and blasted ones and it looks like most are a solid group 5. I own a Billiard with a Saddle stem from Rad similar to the POY's and it is an awesome smoker a are all my Rad's. If one of the black ones had a Cumberland stem I would grab it to add to my seven day set. Just thought you guy would want a heads up on this one.
edit, forgot to add the link. http://pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com/2013/02/pipe-of-the-year-2013-by-rad-davis/

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Bummer they are all straight. I just ordered my first Mark Tinsky pipe and would love to get a Rad but I much prefer at least a quarter bend. O well. I will just have to commission one. They are very good looking pipes and very much a steal for the price compared to his normal prices.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Eagle, his normal prices for a blast is 350-375.00 without the shank adornment, 395 with it so there really is no price difference at all. I read the article in the magazine and it mentioned that most people think he should be charging more for his pipes, but Rad says he likes selling his pipes quickly and selling out all the time. I don't think he wants to see his pipes sitting on retailers shelves for months at a time like some carvers.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
The only pipes of his I have seen with prices are the few that I have seen for sale on his site in 6-800 range and I just assumed all his pipes are that much. I seem to never have the right timing for when he re-stocks his inventory. I don't like the pipes he has on pipesandcigars and just assumed they were his cheaper stuff.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Eagle, check out smokingpipes.com, they have a Rad Billiard that is gorgeous and is 395.00. I have one that is very similar and I love it. His smooth pipes are generally in the 600-800 range which is why I only buy his blasted ones.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
His smooth pipes are generally in the 600-800 range which is why I only buy his blasted ones.
That is perfect for me as I prefer the feel of a blast in my hands over a smooth. Thanks for the info Harris. I think Rad just moved up on my list of Artisans.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
philo, I would be surprised if they did not sell out very quickly, especially the blasted ones.
Eagle, I think you will be amazed at how good a Rad smokes and how comfortable his stems are.

Status
Not open for further replies.