PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
5 PM isn't exactly early morning, but I'm loading Early Morning Pipe into my Latakia cob. Since most of you old fogeys are familiar with EMP, I'll make this a quicky review.
Beginning with the first match, the Lat is dominant but not overpowering. For me, it manifests as a savory, smokey flavor with a floral bent. Accompanying the Latakia is a sweet toastiness that is particularly noticeable in the snork. Some of the flavor is almost bready. Definitely a tobacco I can imagine enjoying right after breakfast, though it doesn't fully satisfy after my roast chicken dinner.
I'm thinking I cook some biscuits and gravy tomorrow, enjoy the EMP after.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Give it a shot and let me know if I'm wrong. These are Newbie reviews, after all!

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I usually start my day with a bowl of EMP. It's one of my favorite blends, as are most of the Dunhill line. I also end my day with Nightcap. For a pretty unregimented guy, this is quite a confession.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe-tobacco-reviews/dunhill-early-morning-pipe-pipe-tobacco-reviews/#more-2683 I find it funny how in this review at first the reviewer didn't think there was latakia in it until contacting orlik. To me it's always been obvious there is latakia in it. It's more than a pinch but not overwhelming, but it's definitely noticeable.

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
Some day when the Gods of the leaf favor me. I'll buy some and try it. But shipping costs eat me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.