PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Enjoyed the smoke, thanks pagan!
Tried to review it, but the flavor was a little to hard to pin down. Didn't taste like a Virginia blend, thought it might have a bunch of Burley.
Anyway, I'll have a review for it at some point after getting better acquanited with the blend.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Been wondering about this blend, and whether I shoud get a tin. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Get a tin! It's great stuff, if you don't like it you can send it to me.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
@josphcross - General idea will be that it is a good blend. Appeared to be smooth, oaky, and a little spicy with an underlying warm, pleasant sweetness. Got a toasted sugar flavor at times. Along with that oak, there was something I just couldn't give a name to. Might be the rum confusing me!
I'd say get a tin!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I think that is what appealed to me at first, I liked it but didn't know why, don't care, kept smoking it
It goes well with a bit of Bourbon on a cool evening alone with your thoughts :puffpipe:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@Pagan - I agree, same here. Smoking it while drinking any whiskey is just a pleasure in and of itself. :puffy:

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I agree it pairs well with Bourbons and Whiskey especially those that are bolder in flavor.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The sweetness of the rum dominates. You do get some other flavors but the natural sweetness of the VA. combined with the rum pretty much drowns them out. I couldn't agree more that it pairs well with a good bourbon.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Sounds tasty, especially the burboun pairing. Im getting a tin on payday. Thanks guys for giving me the nudge, now if only Black Frigate would get stocked at smokingpipes or 4noggins....

Status
Not open for further replies.