PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
When this tobacco is described as a fine cut they aren't joking. I popped a tin a few weeks ago and when I lit it my mouth felt like a raging inferno. I exaggerate. Slightly. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I have smoked 3-4 bowls of this and have been rather careful with it. Though the experience is better than the initial smoke it still isn't really enjoyable. Any counsel is welcome, oh wise ones. :crying:

I do not have experience with this McConnell, but I have smoked a few shags and I grind up a few of the McClelland dark Virginia flakes, like Dark Star into a fine cut. I just packed with a little extra Omph, like cigarette hardness and smoke it extra slow, just a drizzle of smoke. Oh man, the flavor. Ive made myself drool, so I guess I had better break out a tin of #27 flake and the grinder. I hope this helps... :puffy:

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Yeah, that's good advice. I had about decided that it needed to be combined with something else. Dark VA flakes sounds like a real good idea.

May 31, 2012
I have a couple of unopened tins I've yet to get around to, I've always been curious because its said to be very nutty.
Was the old brown tin different from the newer green tin?

I have one of each.
Reading the descrip on the SP page indicates the newer label might have been different?
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mcconnell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=153995
I may have to try this new release, "high-quality dark Virginia, they've topped this smoke with a sweet, exotic star anise aromatic" sounds pretty damn good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.