PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
It's been 4months 16days 23hours since I last smoked a cigarette. I quit cold turkey and picked up my pipe about a month and a half later. At half a pack a day sometimes more this is 1390 cigarettes not smoked, $465 in CA (surprisingly cheap for a pack here), and aprox 15.3 g of tar not inhaled into my lungs. Man do I love my pipe though, more and more everyday. :puffy:

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Congratulations! And the cigarettes may not be expensive, but I don't like paying $20 for a tin of Dunhill. Hopefully Tobacco will be cheaper at my next Duty Station.
And you probably already know this, but I'll just say it anyway. If you ever get stressed out or feel the need to smoke a cigarette, just come here. We'll distract you and you'll probably end up ordering a few tins of something tasty. Or maybe Baron will convince you to buy 10 lbs of Black House. :lol:

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I've mostly quit the nails myself. I've had like 6 since I started smoking a pipe, which was over a month ago. Congratulations!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Congrats on quitting the nails. I couldn't run and work out every day like I do If I still smoked the cigs. My two bowls a day and the occaional nose of snuff does me just fine.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
About a yr and half since I had a cig mate. What really helped me was finding baccys like: 5 Brothers, Kendals Kentucky, Dark Birdseye, 1792 Flake, etc. When I found I needed more nic., I loaded up with one of these blends and they served the purpose. I always keep some on hand just for that reason.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Congrats...I'm in the process of quitting...I might have to pick up some of the blends nsfisher mentioned so I will be able to quit!

kelp

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
Congratulations brother! Keep on doing what you are doing! Glad something we all enjoy could help.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Congrats!
I know how hard it is to quit i tried for a good 8 years before i managed to quit for 3 years. Ended back on them. Tried to switch to pipe smoking and that didn't work out either. In the end i did cold turkey then 3 months later picked up the pipe. Not even thought about them since o/

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
congrats, I really need to quit! I smoke cigarettes, cigars, a pipe and nasal snuff. I will smoke a cigar and a cigarette at the same time and go and light a pipe right after! 8O I think it is time to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.