PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I know some of us here have picked up the pipe and it sure has been a great alternative to quiting the cigarette habit for sure! I still enjoy my pipes all the time but I have found a good method of quiting the nasty cigarette habit to be vaping.
I'd always heard the term 'vaping' but knew very little about it. I did my research and came to the conclustion it might just be for me.
I took the plunge to find out. I am now going on two months of no cigarettes.
I have tried many brands of E-Liquid "ejuice" over the past two months. Some good, some fair and some very bad. My favorite to date is a brand called Sicboy, LTD. So far two flavors are available. Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, lol. Not ment to be.
SicBoy Flavors

http://www.sicboy.net/
M.B.Y.C - An extra creamy pralines and cream with a vanilla custard back note.

Sicker Than Most - A creamy strawberry/tangerine with a hint of blueberry designed to be a ADV "All Day Vape".
What can I say about these flavors? Wow! I gotta say these taste just as good as some of the tobacco blends I have tried if not better. Both are true to their description. These have so much flavor! Both come in various nicotine strengths and in 30ML glass dropper bottles.
If you are like me and want to quit smoking and have tried the gums, patches, etc. here's a method that has worked for me. I feel better, foods taste so much better too. I don't have a smoker's cough like I use to.
I smoke both these flavors on a Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 with a Aspire Nautilis tank.
I think it would be interesting hearing from others here who also vape.
sick1.jpg

sick2.jpg

Congrats, just the mention of the word "cigarettes" makes me angry. I went decades smoking two packs a day, trying every method and gimmick known to quit. It wasn't until I transferred the addiction to the pipe that I was able to quit inhaling. Sure, I still smoke a pipe mist of the day, but I no longer inhale, and I will eventually ween that back down also.

Good luck, and I hope that works for you. Why is it that smoking a pipe hasn't gotten you off the cancer sticks?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I've seen this work for several co-workers. Lots of flavors available and you choose your Nic level.
To be honest, I've always thought this would be a better choice for Aromatic-only smokers.
Why involve tobacco and nicotine at all if what you want is flavored steam / smoke? Just thinking.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I vape quite a bit during the day, though I want to cut down on it, ironically enough. I am profoundly a nicotine addict - the e-cig satisfies the craving, while the pipe is purely for the pleasure of it.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Congrats! I myself am 2 1/2 weeks minus a slip day. I've also been using the gum but only 1-3 pieces/day. Pack a day for 20+ years. I've tried vaping, patches and the gum before but nothing's really kept me off for good. I'm feeling pretty confident this time around. The 1st thing I would do in the morning was smoke a cigarette. Now I pack a bowl the night before and am ready to go as soon as I wake up. I think this has helped.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I quit cigs cold turkey on 1/4/14 because of very painful chest infection. Picked up the pipe after my recovery and I don't want or need to add another habit.
tinner :puffy:

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I've been smoking fags for around 12 years or so. Since I was 13, and ever since I became a full time pipe smoker, the thought of smoking a fag makes me ill.
Having said that, I have pipe cravings instead..

Jan 8, 2013
I vape to hold back my nicotine addiction as well. And that's purely what it is, just replacing the cigs with another way of getting that nicotine. The pipe is my joy, my relaxation, something I really enjoy everything about. The cigs feed my addiction, and so vaping takes it's place for the same reason. It helps that the flavor is much better and in a way vaping is kind of fun, especially if you like throwing out huge clouds of vapor. I have an assortment of devices, mostly mods with atomizers that I build my own coils on, my favorite being my 26650 size copper Hades mod with copper contacts and copper 26650 sized atomizer. On which I build duel parallel coils at 0.08 ohms resistance. I like to pretend I'm a fire breathing dragon....
1904181_10203602899859439_7000816459193940546_n.jpg
[/url][/img]

I've got a friend who competes in the intricate Vape tournaments. I know, I know, it's hard to believe that I have friends. But, he builds these really cool looking devices that make clouds of smoke like that, and they compete in regional tourneys. It looks like fun if you're into high tech gadgets like that.

To each their own. I'm happy with a pipe and some good ol' leaf to burn.

Jan 8, 2013
To me, it's definitely not something to replace my pipe smoking. They are two different worlds. And if I can get my nicotine level to 0 for some time, I will probably give up vaping as well. To me, although I'm having some fun with it, it is only a means to get me away and keep me away from cigarettes.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
I used to smoke cigarettes and can't smoke my pipe all day to keep the nicotine urge at bay, so I vape to help feed that addiction. Hopefully someday I'll have a home office where I can puff as much as I want, but for now, the vape is a God send. It was a choice between quitting all smoking, including pipes, to defeat the nicotine habit, or use the vape to allow me to keep smoking the pipe. It was an easy choice. I do wish the flavors were less sweet, but I've found a flavor from Space Jam that doesn't bother me too much.
It also helps me from only pursuing high nic pipe blends and disregarding all the rest. When I first quit cigarettes, I didn't vape, so I was trying to get all my nicotine from the pipe and only focused on the heavy hitters. Now, I can vape for my nicotine and enjoy a lot of flavorful, but low nic, pipe blends. It also helps keep me from inhaling on the pipe.
All around, it's been great for me. I definitely don't prefer it to a pipe, but until I'm allowed to smoke all day, it'll be here to stay.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
My wife quit cigs using the Blu vaper, almost a year now & 3 others that I know of. Our Dr. was happy for her also. Go to a hospital & chances are you will see Dr.s & nurses using them too.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
8 months clean from cigarettes thanks to a vape. I have an itaze as well Durham, it does the trick better than the pens I've tried.
I've been tapering down the amount of nicotine and hope to get to 0 by the end of the year. I'll probably always use it when I go to a bar, which is when I'm most vulnerable to a craving, but I don't like having to haul this thing around and since I can taper down, why not.
I always wish I could go back in time and smack myself and hand myself a pipe when I was going to buy that first pack of smokes. I would have felt foolish being so young with a pipe but better off.

Aug 14, 2012
I quit several times. The last time, in 1994, stuck. My method was simple. Smoke one less cigarette a day until I was down to zero. It worked without withdrawal. The pipe helped of course.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm not sure that I do not resent the adjective "bad" as it is so judgmental. Habit or addiction it is certainly not a healthy diversion. I, however, enjoy my cigarettes, all except the amount of taxes paid for the enjoyment. I suppose it's perspective which makes smoking "bad." If you are trying to quit then "bad" is probably a good term. So I withdraw my objection.
I quit for 5 years one time. Returned because a pipe simply takes too long to prepare and I can't enjoy it much if I'm forced to watch the clock as I smoke. The cigarette provides a quick hit of nicotine when time is of the essence.
But, to all of you endeavoring to save a bit of money and reduce the wear and tear on the lungs, I say, "Good on you! Quit that bad habit!"
(This observation is only partially tongue in cheek.) But, you should also consider the impact on the politicians and the children, along with your health, as you quit. Tobacco tax increases are always sold as "the moneys will go for the children and anti-tobacco ads." What will the ad agencies and the children do without your contribution? A serious consideration I'm sure. Do not take up the burden of guilt chaps as I will endeavor to pick up the slack and increase my in-take of the vile cigarettes so as to fill the money void your self-serving action will create.
And lastly, if everyone quit the cigarette more moneys are needed. I'm guessing tobacco taxes will riss, meaning blends will cost more, pipe specific taxes will make their appearance and other, more draconian measures may rear their ugly heads. Just sayin! There are serious repercussions to quitting the weed. Good health and long life may not be all they are cracked up to be if life becomes oppressive :puffpipe:. :crying: :( :roll: So many emotions all mixed together!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ Warren, I get everything you said and can't argue, but at some point (for me anyway) it was too painful to do anything that got the heart beat up. No choice for me, and it's pretty easy when you get scared into it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Most of what I wrote was absurdity to illustrate absurdity.
Your health is too important to play around with. Especially true is you have caring family and friends.
The positive side of the argument is that you, hopefully, will be around longer to pay property, sales, school and other taxes. So there should be no net loss. So, no harm, no foul . . . no guilt.
So, no guilt. No harm no foul! You'll be happier and healthier man for the effort. I'm pulling for you!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
My last pack of American Spirits is almost gone. Gonna try just using the pipes. I'm on a pack/week schedule, but quitting entirely is something I have wanted to do for a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.