Tags:   

Quick Taste of Bell's Three Nuns from 2006-2008

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by woopigpiper
  • Latest reply from woopigpiper
  1. woopigpiper

woopigpiper

Login to Send PM

A few days ago I cracked open a tin from the mid 2000s of Orlik produced Bell's Three Nuns. Is this anyone's favorite blend? If so, why? Enjoy the tasty pics.

I'm still smoking it and getting a feel for the blend. But my initial thoughts are a bit mixed. I would certainly describe this as a medium-full body smoke with a darker sweetness that makes me think of a simple stout beer.

It is certainly a very mellow, excellent dry smoke, and the ash seriously broke down to a perfectly fine powder. I smoked 3 bowls with a varying level in moisture and was surprised by the consistency of the cool/dry smoke.

The Kentucky seems to show up more as you progress to the end of the bowl. I know I'd be a little bit happier if this had perique instead. The jury is still out for me.

WooPigPiper
    u/feernot
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Buy yourself a tin of Savinelli Doblone d'Oro. It's a very close match to the Va/Per Three Nuns.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Is the Orlik incarnation a Va/PER or already a Va/Ky like the Mac Baren one? Ah okay, you mentioned it to be Kentuky in there!
    I only got to taste the Va/Ky Mac Baren and LOVE IT as hell...but the price is just out of this world (16,50€ 50g), so this is more like a "special something" that I enjoy only rarely as it's just to pricey.

Thanks for those fine picks, looks tempting! Also the tin looked way cooler than the new one by MB.
    Enjoy it!

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. woopigpiper

woopigpiper

Login to Send PM

Buy yourself a tin of Savinelli Doblone d'Oro. It's a very close match to the Va/Per Three Nuns.

Hey this is excellent news. Thanks for the suggestion sablebrush!

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sablebrush52, dino