PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I will be in the market for some more Penzance. I would like to just get a tin of it. So there in lies my question. Do they make tins or do they only sell in bulk?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Good luck finding one, the bulk seems easier to find and some stores break it out and sell it per ounce.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
According to Hobie1dog, your best bet is to call tobacco shops directly as most shops that put it online will sell out in a matter of minutes

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I bought two tins a year and a half ago when a small shipment was received. I wanted 8oz bags of Stonehaven the most but it was instantaneously sold out; the bulk Penzance followed soon after but I did manage to snag the two tins of Penzance and three tins of Kingfisher...
I was a little let down by Penzance, but I think my inexperience at that time played a big part in it.

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
LJ Peretti in Boston often has it in stock, but you have to call. FWIW, when I've bought Penzance in bulk the flakes are usually quite broken up. In the can you get nice whole flake slices, which I prefer.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
It's been a few years since I had any. I'm not diligent enuff to keep checking the vendors' sites, but I do miss it. Loved the stuff in the tin, was less enthusiastic about the bulk. That was about 5 years ago, when it was more available (before Hobie started cornering the market :lol: ), and before I realized the bulk needed some aging before it matched the tinned. Keep hoping to find some in stock.... but Christmas is coming as well.... and Peter Pan promised to take me back to Never-Never Land.....

Status
Not open for further replies.