PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Check this one out guys, I think the seller is on crack. I know Lars's pipes go for a lot, but this guy is insane. I watch what these high end pipes go for just for fun, and this is maybe a 3k pipe at the very most. Check out his other items, I will be amazed if he sells anything.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-S-H-ESTATE-SMOKING-PIPE-LARS-IVARSSON-0490-/261111603473?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccb76e111

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, this guy must be just taking a shot that some dummy from Asia will go for it. You are right, since the Chinese economy has taken off, they have a lot more people making huge jack. Just think if the Saudi's allowed smoking, what kind of pipes they would buy.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I saw the condition listed as used. I can only imagine that person's opinion of the price if the pipe was new.
If you are still watching the item, please let us know if it sells.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
He has a number of high end pipes for sale. If they are not his, I wonder where he got them all. I put it on my Watch list to see what happens, but I think I'll pass on bidding.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Its worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it, so if he get his asking price he should put in an application into QVC as the next top selling host. Imagin what he could get for some of the stuff on there. $500.00 for a Quacker Factory limited edition duck print sweat shirt... It makes a wonderful gift for christmas, Look out David Venable

Aug 14, 2012
It is overpriced by $9500. An example of the foolishness of buying top brand names no matter what they cost.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
It isn't even a very good looking pipe, Lars Ivarrson makes some of the most beautiful pipes on Earth, but that's not one of them. I agree with others that without the name, it's maybe a $ 300.00 pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I saw that on another forum. That is a curious auction/seller. Those type of pipes don't seem to be typically sold on Ebay, but rather thru collectors directly. No one seems to know the seller, although they appear to have been in that high-end game for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.