PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Pulled the trigger on a buy it now on flea bay for five estates at $20. The description lists them as in working order but not much else. I saw the stem on one and the color on another and thought that there might be a diamond in the rough in there maybe... Here's a photo:

$(KGrHqR,!qgFF48zuzs(BRisikps2w~~60_57.JPG

I know the resolutions crappy but I'd appreciate any ideas you guys might have regarding these. I've just been so tired of being sniped that when this popped on my saved searches I bought it within 30 seconds. Impulse buy I know but I'm down to my last estate for restoration. I'll give you guys more details when they finally arrive.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Also a heads up they've got a few more lots up if anybody is interested; doesn't look like anything too special but hard to say; I definitely made out some Dr. Grabows in his other lots. Their username is: letsc88 They also have some estate peterons buy it now at $40.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Ok this guy is continuing to upload pipes on ebay as I type; petes, savs, wellingtons; some gret deals to be had if you like estates or even refurbishing and selling. The pictures are crap and normally I'd be super wary, but he is clearly liquidating an estate and has excellent feedback.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Looks like someone they knew either died or they ended up having to quit smoking. Looks like good deals from that seller. I like the vest pipe!

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm at work and EBAY is blocked.... DANG FIREWALL! At least I can talk with you guys.

...And Gals

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yah I just bought up a bunch of good deals on the buy it now, but my budget is really limited compared to some of these guys. All together I got 14 pipes to add to my works in progress. Damn vest pipe put me over budget, but I simply couldn't pass it up for $15. I haven't seen very many around. Well I guess I'll save on combined shipping. :D

Aug 1, 2012
I saw those pipes come up and asked the seller a couple questions. Not terribly knowledgeable but helpful. I ended up spending some of the money I got from selling on Briarbid and Ebay to buy what looked like a Peterson System Deluxe. I'll update with how it works out.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
That's what I was thinking... I have a viking with the same stem. Congrats on your peterson; seems like a heck of a deal for any of those; just a bit out of my price range though.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Great deal! I just looked the name up in Member Profile Directory but nothing is showing up for this seller.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Oh I mistakenly said fleabay in the first post. Check ebay under letsc88. Sorry for any confusion. There are still a lot of petes left and some lots too.

Aug 1, 2012
Mine was this one, hope it turns out to be worth the price. I enjoy gambling on this stuff occasionally. Sometimes it pays off big, like the time I got a top-end Sasieni in a lot for $15.
$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW4jIBRitjFGVRQ~~60_57.JPG

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Will do; that bottom pipe was the only reason I bought that lot. Not really sure what to expect with those painted? pipes. Good luck on your pete too I wish I had enough in the budget for one; I went for that freehand instead.

Aug 1, 2012
Just looked up the meaning of your username teufelhund. Pretty cool, you learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.