PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Just that, from some of the names and sentences I saw in threads here and there, it got me thinking...
Qui parle français ici?

Pas forcément qui est "capable" de parler le français, mais plutôt qui est soit belge, soit français, soit suisse, ou québequois ? J'en oublie sans doute.

Je suis Belge.

Le premier français qui dit "ah vl'a un ptit belge, une foué" va se prendre une frite dans la gueule, vite fait bien fait!! On va éviter de la ramener surtout ces derniers temps.
English version:

who speaks French here?

Not really about who "can" speak french, but I was wondering who was actually either Belgian, French, Swiss or from Quebec? I might be forgetting some...

I am Belgian.

The first French person who says "hey here come the little belgian, une fois" is going to see very closely the side of my hand. Not today, not recently, jokes are too soon.
Cheers

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I'm English by birth but have lived in Normandie for 11-12 years. By a rough calculation that means I'm at least a third French, does that count?

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
I'm British (in that I live there), but my ancestry is German-Swiss so my family spend a lot of time on the continent, and Belgium is where my parents have their second house.
I guess it doesn't count for much, but it serves to show that I have a certain loyalty to Belgium! :D

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
mais plutôt qui est soit belge, soit français, soit suisse, ou québequois ? J'en oublie sans doute.
Ouais c vrai, t'as oublié au moins deux: les acadiens et les haitiens. Beaucoup d'eux parle le français standard. Aussi on doit mentionner les américains qui ont appris le français en s'assoir aux pieds de leurs parents ;)

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
LOL, not French but they helped us secure and clean up Ron Brown's bird (Airplane) that hit a mountain in Croatia and lost. The few I met were good to go. Plus the only beret awarded by a foreign country to a US force is the Maroon beret awarded to the the US Airborne after the liberation of France in WWII. All other berets in the US Forces were not awarded by a country due to gratitude but made up by the Pentagon. So does that count lol.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I've got a French Marine Beret, helped him out of a jam, Arab cut him pretty good in an alley in Marsallie, was where the Captain said not to go. Couple days after was summoned to Captains Quaters, French MPs assorted me to his ship and there he was all bandaged up, his Captain gave me a Brand New Beret and made me an official French Marine, I wear it sometimes for Mardi Grais. Still got in trouble with my Captain, Shit Happens.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Salut les Canadiens, Haitiens, Acadiens et autres Ariégeois,
Bien que ce soit un forum anglophone, je dois dire que cela fait du bien de parler de pipe sans déclencher de fou-rire d'une frange immature de la population,

surtout quand tu continues sur des sujets tels que "tailler des pipes", "elle tire bien" ... etc.
@vink: je ne me dis pas du tout artisan "piper", j'ai, l'an dernier, confectionner 5 pipes, qui ne fonctionnent pas mal du tout, pour mes gouts pas encore très affirmés ni connaisseurs. puis l'hiver est arrivé et je n'ai rien foutu depuis. Mais le printemps revient, je me suis juré de m'y remettre.

Et toi?

Status
Not open for further replies.