PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I've become a huge fan of American-style burelys, especially the high-quality versions of OTC blends. I've tried many of Uhle's burleys, as well as PS Cube Cut and Sterling's Double Eagle.
Does Storm Front fit within this genre? And how is the room note on this one?
I'm anxious to try this blend, as well as Perreti's Blend No. 333.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
One of the few Burley blends that I truly enjoy.

Where I tend to suffer bite from many Burley forward blends, that's just my own burden to bear, never from Storm Front.

Sweet as in almost honey sweet, Storm Front is one of those exceptional smokes. Easy to light, easy yet satisfying on the nicotine, just the right amount of "earth" tones from the cigar leaf used.
Buy it, try it, love it.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
futureman, if you do try Storm Front, know that my blends are drier than most by design. So I would ask you to try a few bowls the way it comes, and then, if you want to add moisture, do so bowl-by-bowl. Load your pipe, and then cup your hand around the top of the bowl, and breathe into the bowl 6-8 times. You can read a few reviews at 4noggins.
http://www.4noggins.com/johnpattontiltjlp.aspx

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I like Storm Front. Also like the fact that it IS on the dry side. I prefer my tobacco dry.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Looks like this will be included in my next big order. I always keep a fair amount of high quality OTC burley on hand. I love uhle's, and can't recommend their blends highly enough, but I don't think I've ever seen a burley blend praised more highly than this. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the responses.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Storm Front is awesome ... I usually keep it in rotation during the week. Satisfying because it has a rich and creamy mouth feel and the taste is semi sweet. You definitely taste tobacco when you smoke this one. Although it has some cigar leaf - there is no acridity which is typical of cigar leaf in tobacco blends.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
OK. I ordered 4 ounces of SF, and I'm smoking my first bowl. I should have ordered more. It smells and tastes exactly as advertized: quality cube cut burley with cigar leaf (the latter being pretty mild, but certainly noticeable). As you can image, it is a perfect mix of sweet and smokey. Fantastic stuff.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
OK. I ordered 4 ounces of SF, and I'm smoking my first bowl. I should have ordered more. It smells and tastes exactly as advertized: quality cube cut burley with cigar leaf (the latter being pretty mild, but certainly noticeable). As you can image, it is a perfect mix of sweet and smokey. Fantastic stuff.
Glad you liked it. That's one thing you can count on, I tried to describe all my blends accurately and straightforward. Even the few that I didn't really care for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.