PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

namdoc

Lurker
Jun 28, 2015
Hi,

I have been smoking PLip Peterson's for years, for many reason it's best for me. Question is does anyone know any pipe manufactures who also put a PLip on their pipes.

I know many out there don't like PLips, and if you feel you have a NEED to share that instead, please feel free. There has always been different strokes for different folks. :puffpipe:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
The most common version I've seen is the "Chesterfield" which was made by Kaywoodie and Yello Bole. You're likely only going to find non Peterson P-lip variants in estate pipes. But may come across new old stock (NOS) pipes with P-lip variants.
Here is a nice little summary from pipehil.eu: http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/infos/p-lip-en.html
-- Pat

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
WDC made a line called wellington that had a p lip. The Dr.Grabow omega i believe is a p lip as well

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Yeah, Chesterfield. I owned one of the older massive one's at a little less than 10 inches long. Seemed just like Pete's.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
The Dr Grabow Omegas are in the style of the P Lip but not exactly the same, still a great pipe though.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I believe that Savinelli made a Peterson clone called the Dry System pipe. I looks pretty much like a Pete, has the well system, but it takes a Savinelli balsa filter if you choose, and the p-lip is styled a little different in that it has a slot instead of a hole in the bit. Don't know if they're made anymore, but there might be some new old stock around, and you see them on ebay frequently. Being familiar with Savinelli pipes myself, I would say they would be pretty well made pipes. I know I like all mine!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Didn't Walker Briar Works make a P-lip "Forever Stem" for cobs? If so, I suspect Old Log Cabin Pipe Works will likely have something like that once they're up and running...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I believe currently, only the Savinelli Dry-system uses the P-lip.

In the past year, I've become big of the p-lip stem for the way it looks and the way they smoke. To this point, I had poo-poo'd the poor p-Lip. I found with a good vulcanite stem, the P-lip can be a good thing.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Savinelli's Dry System is similar in concept and design to the Peterson P-Lip. WDC, Kaywoodie and Dr Grabow have made P-Lip copies. Along with those basket pipe makers of many varieties. Only other major brand currently producing pipes with P-Lips is Vauen.

Status
Not open for further replies.