PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I'm sitting here trying to find why some flavors are more evident than others. For the moment I have narrowed my queries down to one question. I started the thread because it is not a VA vs Burley, etc.
Question: Does an aro not come to the front on a new, non smoked, pipe?
Please forgive the simple newbieness of this, but up until this last year I have never owned more than three pipes at a time.
And example: Brand new pipe & Vanilla Cav. Misses out. Older pipe & Berry Nice H&H. Flavor immediately.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
To me, any new briar pipe is sorely lacking in the flavor department, regardless of what tobacco is smoked in it.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Thanks to those jerks and their sales I have 8 Mark Twains, 2 Country Gents, a Little Devil, and more Rob Roys than Carter's got liver pills. :oops:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All of my cobs came directly from Missouri Meerschaum because you can get most of their pipes unfinished, but I do have a lot of them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I notice the new pipe flavor problem more with pipes that come pre-coated, and only some of them. To me, more pipes than not do fine from the first bowl, but there are one out of eight or so that take an awfully long time to deliver full flavor. Nearly all do eventually; a few I've traded off because, as long as I kept them, they never did.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
mso489: that's sort of what is happening, but it's taking longer to break them in at a bowl a day. Glad to have some broken in already

Status
Not open for further replies.