PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
X1ddBn5.jpg

This is a Castello Sea Rock Lovat KKKK. Have any of you ever seen an engraving like this on a Castello?

Thanks in advance.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
No, not anything exactly like that, but they do an occasional oddity. This one sold recently in Italy:
ibbP4rzR1L1PjD.png

I suspected it was aftermarket "tuning", but I was assured that Castello makes pipes like this sometimes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mike Rothenberg (CastelloMike) over on the SmokersForums.uk is a Castello expert.

Actually, daveinlax, a member here is also a Castello expert. I'm sure he would comment on the pipe. I have not seen that type of engraving before. Keep us posted.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Actually, daveinlax, a member here is also a Castello expert

LOL! Far from an expert but I seem to remember another like it on eBay. I don't know if it's legit or not but I wouldn't put it past Castello. They did a card suit thing on a gold band for a Vegas RTDA years ago. I would like to hear what Doc Watson and Mike Gluker have to say. 8O

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Like Dave said, they did a Las Vegas RTDA pipe some years ago with the card suits on a beautiful silver and gold shank band. I have lusted over one that Rich Esserman had in his collection. My memory fails me being an old duffer but I would not rule out that pipe as being original. You may find others somewhere with the other card suits engraved on the bowls. My recommendation would be to contact the US importer Marco Parascenzo at Novelli Pipes in Italy for a definite answer. There are some unusual Castello pipes out there and little things like that can make them very desirable for an astute collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.