PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Hey Kevin - have you ever been out and about or at a Pipe club and someone comes up to you and says "Hi Kevin, its me [forum name]. It kinda feels like we know you and you know us so I imagine if someone meets you IRL for the first time, its a little different than the normal first time meeting. Just curious.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Kevin seemed startled when I first called him by name at the Chicago Pipe Show three years ago. At that point, I did not have a picture of myself on the forum.
Winton

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Startled you say I wonder why maybe he owed money to the wrong people in that area lol just kidding.
Winton my friend how goes the peterson Wicklow I sold you on BRIARBID of course. I hope it's smoking well for you sir I'd hate to disappoint.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I imagine if someone meets you IRL for the first time, its a little different than the normal first time meeting.
Just one of the prices of being a celebrity :lol:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I actually like it when people come up to me and introduce themselves. Everyone is always quite pleasant and I enjoy the interaction. It happens a lot more in recent times than it did when I first started.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Smokeybear, the Peterson is great. It was a great Briarbid experience and I love the pipe.
Winton

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I actually like it when people come up to me and introduce themselves. Everyone is always quite pleasant and I enjoy the interaction. It happens a lot more in recent times than it did when I first started.
I imagine that I walk up to Kevin and say, "Hi Kevin, my name is Monte".... and he says "Oh nice to meet you". Then I say "I am ZoNoMo" and he goes "Oohhhhhh. How's the new Audi and the new wife?" :puffy: (Not that he keeps track of all of this).

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I think when we first met at one of the Chicago shows he recognized me first! My old avatar here had my Fedora in it, which I wore at the show, so that helps make me recognizable!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I think when we first met at one of the Chicago shows he recognized me first! My old avatar here had my Fedora in it, which I wore at the show, so that helps make me recognizable!
Good idea. If I go to the Chicago Pipe Show, I think I'll bring my guitar and cut my hair short. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.