PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesgirl

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
Hi everyone, a quick question, which one of these Savinelli Autograph pipes strikes your fancy.. a bent dublin
020gqb.jpg

or, a bent stack
028xo.jpg

Or neither :) Just kind of getting an idea of what guys prefer.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Personally, I don't care too much for the colourful stem on the dublin so I'd go for the stack. I like this one even better, though:
DSC01365-1.jpg

Can I assume you're about to make someone very happy?
Jan

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I own one of the bulldogs. they are very smooth, open draw, medium size bowl for a decent smoke. Mine is a great VaPa smoker, consider what is the smoke of choise and that can help with the decision also.

mikesgirl

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks Jan and Toker! Good information to know! @Jan you would be correct :D
I will throw in the bent sandblast sitter for review with the others also
85142118.jpg

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I also like the Dublin. I had an Autograph once, kinda sorry I got rid of it..

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Of the two I prefer the bent stack. Not a fan of the funky stem of the Dublin and I think a plateau rim is tougher to keep clean.
But for the money you'd spend on an Autograph, I'd personally rather have a hand made artisan pipe, preferably from North America.
But that's just me.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Does your d00d have any pipes with colorful/funky stems??
If not, he might not be a fan of them. Check out his pipes and see what kind of stems he has.
I like it, and maybe he would too if he doesn't have any like it. However, I like having a wide range of different pipe styles, he may not.
You know him better than we do. If he would like something unique and funky, go for it. If not, stick with the more standard black-stemmed bent stack.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Really like the dublin,even with that stem. Nice color and contrast. Agree with Bigvan though,plateau(and rusticated)rims are a pain to keep clean.

ulteriorzaiak

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
I like the Dublin. As for the stem, I'd really have to see it for myself before I could decide if I wanted to change it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.