PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Just opened my first tin. The darker tobacco, presumed to be the Kentucky, is extremely tough. Tough to cut through and tough to break up the longer strands. Is this normal? Magical? I'm just drying a little and will soon know I guess.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I put the plug on a cutting surface and cut along the long edge with my JACKknife, making a flake, until it's got so small I just cut it all up and mix it. It is quite tasty.

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
Tough to cut through and tough to break up the longer strands. Is this normal? Magical?
Given the two options, I would say magical.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Thanks! I was thinking a serrated blade. Have a bit of a cold today, can't tell how much I will enjoy this little brick!

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
A really sharp knife, a cutting board, and some serious elbow grease is what's needed for JKP. The knife has to be SHARP. I even used a razor blade on several occasions.
As newbroom said, cut along the edge long ways.
I smoke a lot of JKP and got sick of the effort involved to slice it so I use the "easy button" now. I bought a cheap plug cutter. It isn't a really good one, and I can't get the same nice thin even slices I get when cutting by hand. So, I use the plug cutter to cut some thicker flakes (5/32 or 3/16 of an inch roughly) and then toss the resulting thick-cut flakes into an electric coffee grinder for a few quick pulses. Works great, smokes great.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Very good baccy. Mixes extremely well with milder blends to kick them up a notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.