PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papared

Lurker
Jul 10, 2016
i am looking to maximize my enjoyment, but i find that i can taste very little differance between an aromatic and an english blend ( cherry cavendish vs saxagonian). what do you recomend to increase flavor? i have a briar wicth i love and just got a cob for my fishing expeditions. both seem to work well considering i have only been smoking for about 3 weeks and only one bowl a day. i enjoy the relaxing time on my back porch but would like to get the most out of my experiance.

May 4, 2015
Capitalize your "I" man - it's driving me nuts ;)
If cherry Cavendish tastes the same as an English to you, you're smoking it too hot. Any tobacco burning too hot will just taste like burning.
Puff only enough to get the pipe going - clear your mouth with a beverage while the ember chills out a touch - then take small sips once every 4th breath or so.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
You are almost certainly smoking way too hot...Almost all new pipe smokers have this problem. There also might be a break in issue, corn cob pipes in particular can take a while to stop making everything taste like corn. Also if you are new to tobacco in general it can take a little while for your palate to adjust to the types of flavors you will get from different tobaccos. focus on smoking cool and everything else will fall into place.

May 4, 2015
There also might be a break in issue, corn cob pipes in particular can take a while to stop making everything taste like corn.
I disagree with this completely.
Everything else, yes.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Besides slowing down, also try drying out your tobacco more prior to smoking.
IMHO, if it will stick together in a clump when pinched it's too wet.
Good luck and welcome to the forum! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.