PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone know if their is a big difference between 4noggins copy cat and pipes and cigars version of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed copy cat blend?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I do not know, but I have some of the P&C copy waiting to be smoked. I think their copy at least looks right.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I hear Smoking Pipes is going to start carrying it in the next week or so. P&C has been carrying it for years. I'm running low on it myself.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Thanks, JimInks. That is good to know. How does it stack up in comparison to the original? I haven't tasted that since the late 1960's and it just figures to be unavailable just when I get a yen to have some again.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Aristokles: I've smoked a lot of both, and even spent most of a week smoking them back to back to see if I could taste a difference. I almost couldn't fins any. I love the stuff. Here's my review for the Match:
It packs well, stays lit, and is a very cool, consistent tasting smoke all the way to the bottom - no bite or moisture. Nutty with a molasses flavor and a little cocoa. I can see this being a decent starter burley for someone who has never tried the genre, and I can certainly see it being a regular rotation blend. A really good work and all day play smoke that may not be complex, but will satisfy your wants for OTC burleys.
This Match is very close to the original. The original seemed just a little fuller, deeper in the molasses taste, and that's the only difference I could tell. The cut and look of the tobacco is the same, though perhaps there are more flecks of tobacco and fewer cubes in the Match. In a blind taste test, it would be very hard to tell which was which.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Same as it is every where else, Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match. Here's a link: http://www.4noggins.com/sutliff-altadis-bulk-edgeworth-ready-rubbed.aspx

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for the review. I am going to bulk up on the stiff tomorrow at least 2 pounds. Love it

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
JimInks, We are in your debt. I have always wondered if the various vendors were actually selling the same copy. I am also glad to know it is a good match. I never got to enjoy the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.