PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Just placed a large order on P&C. Well, large for me. Had planned out the list, got it all correct, fixed it when other things were backordered...then before I knew it...it didn't show until AFTER I purchased that GLP JackKnife Plug is backordered. Shows backordered as the status in the order history. Not liking it, tired, and was really looking forward to it.
So down to my question from the rant. When an item is backordered (I love how many times that word has come up) do they send the rest and follow up? Do they wait until they get it and delay the shipment? Am I going to get mad and have to contact customer service? Can someone shed some light on this as to ease the sleep deprived madness.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I've ordered back ordered items from P&C before. Your regular shipment should come as per usual. Then your back ordered items will come when they become available. Don't sweat it, just think of it as a surprise gift to yourself.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Your order will ship right away with the items in stock. Your back ordered items will ship when they come in. I don't like this part of how they do business either. The right way, to me, is to show when items aren't in stock, like other sellers do.
edit: Also, this subject has been talked to death in past threads.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I thought about it when I posted it. Though, there is no going back. So this one is my bad. I love their service....aside from that one exception of the dreaded "out of stock" or "backordered." Appreciate the responses.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Ty
Actually,I consider P&C's backordered policy a kind of bonus. It is somewhat unique, and when the original order meets the free shipping criterion, both the first fill and the followups don't cost me any postage. Granted, if you are wanting the missing item in a hurry, for instance for a pipe meeting, the backordering could be a pain.
hp

les

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
It's more of an impatient I hadn't slept in almost three days. A few hours of rest and I'm much more ok with it. The main issue was how fast GLP stuff was selling out and me wanting to try the plug first thing.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I love their service....aside from that one exception of the dreaded "out of stock" or "backordered."
As I've rambled on in another thread here, this is almost impossible to avoid for technical reasons.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Same thing recently happened to me, though I ordered Gaslight -- web site showed it as in stock, but I got a note after the in stock stuff shipped that Gaslight was not available. Since I paid w/PayPal I'm a little peeved that they have my money and I don't have the product -- with no estimate of when the situation might be corrected.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
This has been going on for decades. Even Hitler had problems...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKunXhvNPPI

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
"Don't worry he won't really smoke Mixture No. 79"
That...was fantastic. Didn't know they had one of those videos for pipe tobacco.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Only recommendation for doing this is not to use paypal to pay for back ordered items. PayPal has a fail safe on it that after so many days of your order it will not allow pipes and cigars to charge the account thus declining your transaction.....been there done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.