PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
First I apologize as I'm sure this has been answered but can anyone recommend a good quality pipe that runs about $40. I searched the forums and didn't find many posts to answer my question. I know I've already asked a ton of questions but I'm trying to suck all your brains dry of you vast knowledge as a new pipe smoker. :D As always thanks in advance for the help.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll throw these out there from the same sponsor as well as some others...
Savinelli Economy Pipes - I've looked at the Duca Carlo line. Will eventually pick one up...
Savinelli Natural Pipes - I have one that I use as my yard-pipe and it smokes just as good as my more expensive pipes.
Savinelli La Rosa Handmade - HEY! How'd THAT get there? LOL!
Bjarne Viking - Usually good smokers. Mine is a bit tough to get a pipe cleaner through without finagling.
Iwan Ries Pipes - I have an IR churchwarden that smokes great!
Don't forget Dr. Grabow and Medico pipes also. My Grabows are great smokers.
That should start you out...
-Jason

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
I appreciate benefitting from your knowledge Jason. As a new pipe smoker I don't know the quality brands and can't afford to buy another one that isn't gonna hold up. I might end up having to just save up for a while and buying one of uncle arthur's beauties. :D

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
By the way the savinelli la rosa handmade was awesome, just slightly out of my price range, :rofl: but hey guess I have two kidneys so I could sell one. :D

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My favorite sub 40 pipe would have to be Amphora but you will have to get them off of Ebay and clean them up . It is not my contention that price makes a pipe smoke better . More a luck of the draw literally . Amongst the members here you will find Cobs to Castellos and they all have there merits and thier downfalls . You should pick a pipe that calls to you .Whether it be 4.00 or 400.00 . Good luck in the hunt and may you get a good one regardless of the brand name . :puffpipe:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Let me say this about Uncle Arthur Pipes... They are excellent. Save up and buy one. Hell, buy as many as you can. The man knows how to craft wood AND knows what makes a good smoking pipe. But most importantly, they are a fantastic value. You're getting a handcrafted, unique, custom pipe for less than a decent factory pipe. Just my $.02...
-Jason

jbmills

Might Stick Around
Jul 23, 2011
I've heard nothing but good things about uncle arthur's pipes and the man is a gentleman, I think you're correct I may have to continue puffing away on my less than stellar pipe until I can afford one of his. :D

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
VegasSmokes has two Savenelli's on sale for less than $40. Also, a $110 Castello Sea Rock, which seems like a deal.

http://www.vegassmokes.com/Deals_of_the_Week.htm

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Cup O' Joes sells the economy line of Nording called Eriksen...I paid $40 for a bent rustic that smokes AWESOME..I would highly recommend one of these pipes. :D

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Savinelli (as already mentioned) as well as Peterson, have some "economy" line pipes in around that price range. The Peterson Rock of Cashel line is very reasonable as is there Aran line.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'll add my vote to Savinelli. My very first pipe - a Bent Bob estate that I got for $8 at an antique store - is still my favorite pipe. I'll also add my voice to Uncle Arthur's work. He's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.