PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Last month I acquired a RokRoot billiard that quickly became the most prized pipe in my rotation.

Last night, on the dimly lit way to yet another voiding of my bladder, I knocked it off my pipe rack to the hardwood floor.

This a.m. upon inspection, I find that the shank has a hairline crack and the stem now is less tight.

This pipe WAS just about perfect.

I know that I can either have a band placed on it or do it myself, but I feel somewhat vaugely kinda a sense of loss.

I am trying to put this into a positive light. I guess I'll have to move that pipe rack, too.
Mike

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
What a shame. Of course it is true that in the grand scheme a loss of a pipe is probably not something one should cry over. I can think however, of a fair few of mine that if damaged or lost I would certainly be very upset about.
As for walking into things en route in the dark of night. I have had my share. Most absurd of which was waking up standing in the shower. I am not a sleep walker and never have been but I did that night. The shower was not on. :roll: If I am honest I found the experience a little disturbing.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just pee on the floor and you will not have anymore pipe casualties as people come to expect that sort of thing when you a very old! :rofl:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I live alone. Granted, I'm getting older. I take two prostate medications and three heart related medications.

So far, I can make it to the can if my pee bottle is at its limit.

Pissing on the floor wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.
At least the crack is invisible. A band won't be THAT big of a deal. I'm not sure how to go about it myself, but I'm open to better suggestions than the one I got from stinky condorlover1.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
A good friend of mine is an MD. His elderly parents live in another state. They seem to be doing pretty well except his mother sometimes seems to get confused about certain things. He was telling me recently that he asked his mother how she was doing when he talked with them over the holidays. His mother said she was doing fine except for her prostate problem. He reminded her that women don't have a prostate like men do. She said she knew that but his father woke her up in the night every time he had to get up to go, and she couldn't go back to sleep! She wasn't confused at all!

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
What a pity, I feel you pain! Sometimes you want to turn back time just for a few seconds. This happened recently to me while assembling our new (and expensive 8O ) bookshelf. I had propped up one of the sides and turned around to grab another of the shelf pieces. When I turned around again I saw the over 2 meters high side part falling over as if in slow motion. Before I could move it smashed on the floor and split! Man, I was shocked! 8O
Set me back for the equivalent of a nice new pipe.....

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Yep. That is true. There's usually something good to gain from just having a chance, so, waking up is a real bonus for anyone.

This is going to get to be ok again, but right now it is deflating. I really (!) like this pipe.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Sorry for your loss. Preventable pipe damage is a sad, sad affair. Like rsuninv said, contact cosmic about a repair and just think about how much worse it could have been. (whole stand go over).
And think about if you didn't have your brothers and sisters of the briar here to talk it out with. But you do have us and even Condor has your back!
Peace,
~Wyf

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Ooh good Idea Gigger!
That would open a whole new way to make that pipe personal.
I like where you are going with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.