PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I really enjoy Habana Daydream and was wondering how Purple Cow compares...

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I thought Habana Daydream wasn't good at all, but I enjoy the hell out of Billy Budd. I just ordered a tin of Purple Cow yesterday so we'll see how it compares.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Habana is definitely rougher around the edges than Billy , Just depends on my mood though, I find Habana to be a little more diverse in flavor as Billy has alot more latakia which can dominate. I can totally see how someone would find HD unpleasant though (helps to hydrate it as it can come pretty dry).

Be sure to let me know what you think of PC when you get it!

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Yeah Purple Cow is another tin tobacco on my list to get. I only get them once in awhile because it seems that packages coming over the border with anything other than bagged tobacco seem to get nailed more often for duty.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Now that I've read about it, this blend sounds pretty awesome. Too bad it's only "Medium" in the brain stimulation category.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
Habana is definitely rougher around the edges than Billy
Haven't yet tried Billy Budd (or Purple Cow), but I've been enjoying some Habana Daydream. It seemed harsh and odd-tasting at first, then I tried it in my big old Comoy's pot (0.91" chamber diameter) and it's great. It's like a nice, spicy Balkan, except the latakia's even further back and the cigar leaf adds a nice, rounded flavor, to me. I think it's got so many components that it really needs to be tried in a wider pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.