PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Thought you all might find this interesting. The pic is of one of our Old Dominion "Laughing King" corn cob pipes. What makes it unique is that it's a purple cob! This is an oddity with our heirloom Indian corn as most of the cobs range from a "pale" yellow to a "brick" red to a "chocolate" brown. Occasionally we find a purple cob which is an apparent genetic mutation in the variety but often times the purple ones run a little small for pipe making. We typically don't find enough of these to market them but they certainly make a very unique corn cob pipe!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What great coloration. I hope you'll have cob pipes to sell at the Raleigh show. I guess that would

be why you're coming!

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
mso,
Yes, we'll definitely be bringing our pipes for sale at the Raleigh show. May not have any "purple" ones but we'll have plenty of our yellow, red, and brown colorations. We're looking forward to attending this year.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I totally need one of those purple beauties, I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan... that explains it I think

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I have two of the Old Dominion pipes, but maybe, having risen to the purple on this forum, it's time to signify that by ordering a purple pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.