PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
With nearly 50 pipes at home, I realized last night that I didn't have any Petersons. Lots of Savinellis, Nordings and over a dozen meers but, no Petersons. So, I decided to order a Shannon Fishtail to add to my rotation.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=138900

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have owned a Shannon B11 bent brandy for several years and have found it entirely satisfying. Hope you will have

a similar experience.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Thanks y'all :D
I've always been a Freehand and meers guy. Then ventured out to Savinellis. Not sure why I've stayed away from the UK makers(I do have one Barling and one Big Ben). Don't think I will ever reach into my pocket deep enough for a Dunhill. :wink:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Love the classic shapes of the Petes - have 5 and 1 Irish Second. Never had any problems - always a reliable smoke. Enjoy your new pipe in good health!

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Hadn't realized how big the Peterson fan club :) Guess I'll find out why soon enough. I like to smoke a new blend(one new to me) in my pipes for the first bowl or three. I also ordered some Dunhill 965 and some Stokkebye Golden Dansk. For this pipe, probably have to go with the Dunhill tobacco since I'm that cheap, in not buying a Dunhill pipe.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
VERY pretty pipe. Seems like no matter how many Petes I have I still want just one more. Or five...

Jan 8, 2013
That is truly one beauty of a Pete. Enjoy the heck out of it :) Although I have only one Pete (with another on the way) I consider myself a true fan. I love the look of them. The shapes are pleasing to the eye. My first Pete, a 2013 st patty xl90 is one of my best smokers for sure. It's the one I most often reach for, because of how well it smokes. The shape fits wonderfully and feels great in the hand. My second, on it's way is also and XL90. I'll definitely purchase more in the future. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
saint007, surprisingly, Big Ben is not an English pipe nor from the rest of the UK. Big Ben pipes are made in The Netherlands.

The manufacturer thought at the time that England was the center for pipes, so he borrowed the name of their landmark, but

Big Ben is still a Dutch pipe. So add another nation to your pipe collection nationalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.