PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Before my leg was injured and inevitably lost I had a passion..... No an obsession for riding bicycles. Well an engineer friend of mine has been working on a leg and a custom pedal so I can ride again! I just found out today about it and I am stoked to test it on Monday! He said it is rough but it will be finely tuned after some measuring and leg castings!

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Sweet, definantly would be interested in photos of you on the bike...

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Im praying it will work!! Here is a pic of a couple of years ago!

7D255907-FFC3-462A-B461-9542ADF74229-641-0000016DC6104912.jpg

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Check this out. Mount Sterling Ohio is the home of Willowood. It is also where I live. Willowood is one of the top prosthetic limb manufactures in the country. Bob Arborgast is the owner and a friend of mine. If you want, I can talk to him and tell him your story. He will probably give you something to acomplish your goal, especially since you are a war hero. He does this kind of thing all the time. I attend his church and he loves my kids so I'm almost positive I can get the ball rolling. PM me if you want to give it a shot!!!

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
@Shawn I've got two now and now my engineer friend is doing this one at no cost with a prostetic company so I'm gonna let him take the lead on this one! Thank you though!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Cool news Irish. Ive thought about you more than once while out riding my bicycle. And how lucky most of us are who still got all our OEM parts. That's awesome you'll soon be out spinning again.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's awesome Irish - I used to ride a lot. I still ride with my kids and it would suck not to be able to ride anymore. Congratulations and hope you'll report back on how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.